A few weeks ago, I was nominated to The Liebster Award! It really warmed my heart when T.R. Noble announced that she had nominated me, especially since she is an absolutely incredible blogger! Her posts are positive and inspiring, on the same time meaningful and deep. Her passion for Christ and amazing writing sorta just makes you stuck in a second! So, if you haven’t checked out her blog already, you definitely should!
Now, what is this award really?
As I’ve found out, Liebster is originally a german word meaning many things, such as “good” or “kind”, but also “valued”. The award is a way to draw attention to blogs under 200 followers, and is given by bloggers to other bloggers. Hence, my task now, as I’ve been nominated, is to pass this on to eleven new bloggers. But first I’m going to answer the eleven questions given by T.R. Noble, moreover I’m gonna tell you eleven facts about myself!
Question #1: What is a moment in your life that changed the rest of your life forever?
The day I decided to follow Christ! I was thirteen by then and didn’t really know much about the world yet, but the fire that lit up my heart the moment I said I wanted to become a Christian was final. Suddenly I knew what was missing in my life, and I have not regretted it once.
Question #2: Since your first blog post, have you learned anything? What was it?
I have learned so much. For one thing I thought that readers would come out of nowhere and multiply as cockroaches (or you know, sort of), but if you want people to find your blog you need to put some effort to it. Moreover, I learned that I won’t always have the energy or the inspiration to write one post a day. Sometimes you’re tired, but that’s okay.
Question #3: If you could give any piece of advice right now, what would you say?
I would say: “Don’t drive yourself crazy.” You can’t be all over the place, doing everything at the same time, and you can’t do everything perfectly. All you can do is giving your best, no one could ask you for more than that! Live your life in the moment, but avoid hitting the wall. Do it your way.
Question #4: What kind of mark would you like to leave in someone’s life?
Most of all, I’d like to inspire. It’s cheesy, I know, but I always want to help, even though I know I can’t fix everything. Although, if I had the opportunity to choose, and I were to meet somebody only once in life and had this question in mind, I would want to be the person who brought a whole new perspective to their life. Making them see the good things, motivating them to take care of their being here on this earth. To spread love instead of hatred That’s the kind of mark I’d like to leave.
Question #5: Are there any regrets you feel right now? Could you mend them if you were able to?
At the moment I don’t have any regrets, but that’s probably because whenever I feel regret I’m pretty quick at judging whether it is something that I could forget about or if it’s something that I should fix. If it’s the second category, I take care of it as fast as I can. Otherwise it’ll just nag on me.
Question #6: What was your favorite childhood movie or book growing up?
Tarzan! I absolutely LOVE that movie. Actually, I’m not sure why, but I suppose it’s the access to the forrest (jungle) and the beautiful waterfalls! I have always been a big fan of the nature myself, and growing up I could only dream about living in a paradise like Africa. You know, without the scary jaguars or hunters that want to kill you…
Question #7: Do you like playing games? What is your favorite game?
If “games” is referred to “boardgames”, I love games. I prefer cards, since there are lots of variations of card games and it’s simple to carry around. I also enjoy quiz where I get to prove my intelligence (which usually isn’t as impressive while it counts as I would wan’t to believe when accepting the quiz…)!
Question #8: What is your favorite food to eat?
I would say pizza or hamburger on this one if it wasn’t too obvious. I actually really like Spaghetti Bolognese. Italian food or Thai food is something I could live at!
Question #9: What could you go without for a month? (Choose something that wouldn’t be easy)
Technology! I try to convince myself that I don’t need my cellphone or my computer; that I’m strong enough to make it without. But the day I forget my cell at home, I’m proven the opposite after 10 minutes. I don’t wear a watch because I check the time on my cellphone, I don’t keep change because I call my friends on the phone instead of pay phones and I don’t need to look awkward waiting for something because I have my phone so that at least I can pretend I’m busy. You know what? A month without technology might be good for me…
Question #10: Who in your life has made a lasting impression?
I gotta say my friend Hossein. He moved here two years ago from Iran. I met him a couple of months after he got to the country, and by then he had already learned the, to him, brand new language fluently. He keeps impressing me every time we meet. I really don’t understand how an individual could be so bright.
Question #11: If you could do one small thing to help another person today, what would it be?
I would smile against them and ask about their day. A nice gesture doesn’t have to be extreme. Showing consideration may be more important than you’d think. Besides, it’s always appreciated to show a little interest in other peoples lives.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I’m a musician. I both sing and play the piano, and I love composing pieces of my own, anything from heartbreaking ballads to jingles.
- My eye color is green, so is my favorite color.
- My favorite time of the year is spring, before all the bugs have invaded the forrest.
- If I’d have a pet frog, I’d name him Doug the Frog.
- In church, you may see me behind the mixer managing the sound of the service.
- I have a cat with a whole in the ear. The story behind is that she once was stung by a bee, and when the scab eventually fell of it took a piece of the ear.
- I have seven close friends. Three what study at university, two that are currently working and one that goes to the Philippines in a month to work as a nanny.
- My worst fear in the world is needles. I can’t stand seeing them and I can’t stand talking about them. So let’s move on!
- Sometimes I dream about becoming a professional sprinter. Then I start working out for one day, feel pleased with myself and eat cookies instead.
- I can juggle.
- I always tend to have plenty of stuff to do. That’s why, in Amsterdam, I had to take this picture:
My nominees are:
Congratulations! Below follow the rules for the award, if you’d decide to accept it.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you for this award.
2) Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 11 blogs.
5) Notify them.
6) Give them 11 questions to answer
My questions for you:
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
2) When you’re not blogging, what are you likely to be doing?
3) If you would have a superpower, what would it be and why?
4) Do you have any pets? If yes, what is the name of it? If no, what would you name it and what animal would it be?
5) What is your favorite movie/book and why?
6) If you were given a date with a celebrity, who would it be with?
7) How many colors has your hair been in?
8) What is your worst fear?
9) Do you prefer big cities or small towns? Why?
10) If you were to describe yourself with three words, what would it be?
11) If you could do anything for one day, what would you do?
I hope you accept the award!
Have a nice day, Beautifuls! ♥︎
Until next time,